Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Intro

I'm a teacher at a hagwon (a private kindergarten / after-school academy for elementary and middle school kids) in Busan, South Korea.  I've been here for about four months, and so far I'm really enjoying myself.  Korea is a beautiful country, and the kids and my coworkers are fantastic.  That being said, there are some downsides to being abroad: the constant stares, the inability to communicate, the lack of creature comforts, etc.  For the most part, though, living here is a blast.  On the weekends I have my choice of beaches, mountains, or bustling city centers.  The shopping is cheap and endless, as is the dining.  There's always something to do, and something to learn.  Here I hope to post my thoughts about my stay in Korea and about life in general....if I can find the time... :)

No comments: