Sunday, March 28, 2010

Things I learned this weekend:

Octopus tastes relatively like chicken.

Galbi soup is delicious, even for breakfast...and there's a great restaurant not too far away from my apartment that is famous for it.

If you go to the temple by the sea and bathe the Buddha statue you get one wish, and there is also 'magic' water that can cure skin conditions if you drink it (which is made easy for you because they provide the customary germ infested community plastic drinking ladle). 

The temple was built by the sea because it honors the Korean Buddhist 'Goddess of Mercy'/water goddess who was said to ride a dragon around out over the ocean.

Butterfly pupae is not completely disgusting to eat like I thought it would be (but still kind of weird), and neither is sucking the little critters out of tiny cooked seashells (although it does taste a little sandy).

Riding in cars for a long time still gives me a bad tension headache.

I will always spend too much at Costco for rare items like Dr. Pepper and NutriGrain bars.

I may never kick this Scrubs addiction.

No comments: